All of our distractions flow through us. We are not simply a passer-by, but a direct participant in our distractions.
Because our distractions flow through us, we participate in:
- what is perceived as a distraction,
- how that distraction affects us, and
by how much
- what we do when distracted
- what we do to avoid, lessen, or increase distraction
- where we are distracted
- when we are distracted
- how frequently we are distracted.
(This post is part of an on-going series of posts on The Truths of Distraction. At the conclusion of the series all truths will be combined into a video.)
Andeas Goll, Pan and the Nymphs, 1897, oil on canvas